Parent classroom helpers
St. Thomas More has a strong tradition of building positive parental partnerships to improve children’s learning. Parents are called upon throughout the school year to support children’s learning through in class activities and school excursions. We also like to use the skills of parents to enhance our inquiry topics.
We have a very important literacy helpers program at St Thomas More. This program helps to build strong home-school partnerships. If you are able to support this program it is a great way to make a difference.
- Provide a positive role model for learning
- Support children, with encouragement, to stay on task
- Learn about current teaching and learning strategies
- Strengthen the home/school partnership
- Build positive relationships with children, staff and other parents