Catholic school communities are built on positive relationships. There are many parents, grandparents, carers and other community members who regularly volunteer to help out in the classroom, the canteen and the uniform shop, run fundraising events and generally help the school to become a wonderful place to meet other parents, to get to know teachers and enjoy the learning environment with our children.
One of the ways to be involved is through our wonderful Parents Association (PA). Our PA at St Thomas More Primary School consists of a group of dedicated parents who work together for the benefit of the school community.
The Parent’s Association provides the formal structure necessary to ensure effective organisation and action. They provide some important services to the school community such as:
- Promoting a sense of community spirit within the school through the organising of parent and community functions and social events
- Managing school fundraising opportunities
- Providing an opportunity for parents to connect, make friends and learn more about what is going on at STM
- Supporting new families to the school through our Buddy Family Program
- Organising and managing school stalls including Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
- Looking for ways to improve the family and school partnership by meeting regularly with the school Principal
Please consider becoming a member. PA meets once a month. Some great friendships have been formed through PA and the kids love their parents being involved in their school. Meetings are advertised via the school newsletter.