- To help promote a smooth transition from Preschool to Prep.
- To give year five students leadership experiences and further responsibility upon commencing senior school.
Our buddy program establishes a social interaction between a Year 5 student and a Prep student. Students are matched according to social needs and there is important dialogue discussed between the Year 5 teachers and the Prep teachers, to make sure the students are well matched.
The Prep children meet their buddy frequently
The Buddy program:
- Promotes a sense of community
- Builds self esteem
- Provides each student with an older friend or someone to look after
- Promotes cross gender and cross age friendships
- Promotes an acceptance of others
- Provides an opportunity for leadership
- Provides mentoring opportunities
- Builds resilience
- Provides social and academic benefits for students
- Fosters a sense of fun and enjoyment in learning
- Provides an opportunity to attend weekly Masses together
- The children are supported by their buddy through into year 1