Assessment and Reporting
At St Thomas More we have a comprehensive reporting and assessment program. Firstly we believe that having contact with parents about their children’s learning is essential to the process. We have formal reports in the middle of the year and the end of the year. In term one and three we have open evenings and in term two we have parent interviews that give the children the opportunity to share their learning with their parents. This is a very powerful evening.
Teaching staff are always willing to discuss children’s progress with parents. Children are assessed formally and informally at St Thomas More..
Assessment is an integral part of the teaching and learning process and is capable of exerting a powerful influence on student learning and development.
- To review the learning that has taken place.
- To make judgments about how effective it has been.
- To communicate this information effectively to the audience for whom it is appropriate.
- To plan ways to enhance the future learnings of the students involved.
- To assess school and student performance accurately and comprehensively against state-wide standards.