Through learning mathematics at St Thomas More’s, students will:
- Acquire mathematical skills and knowledge so they can deal confidently and competently with daily life.
- Develop knowledge and skills in using mathematics for further study and interest.
- Use technology appropriately and effectively to support the learning of mathematics, and in carrying out mathematical activities in context.
- Solve practical problems with mathematics.
- Foster the ability to persevere, think laterally and take risks when they take on a mathematical challenge.
- See mathematical connections and be able to apply mathematical concepts, skills and processes in posing and solving mathematical problems.
- Be confident in one’s personal knowledge of mathematics, to feel able both to apply it, and to acquire new knowledge and skills when needed.
- To understand the dynamic role of mathematics in society.